As someone with a brother who has suffered his entire life living at the faults of the education system without receiving the necessary support, this week’s topic was one that really struck home and resonated with me. I have first-hand experience at seeing how someone who has a learning disability is treated in the education system. I will never forget the day my brother’s teacher accidentally CC’d my mother in an email she had written to the principal about my brother. The teacher made dehumanizing statements about my brother and how she could not teach him. What the teacher thought was that my brother wasn’t trying and she was not willing to put in any additional effort to help or support him, despite her knowing about my brother’s learning disability and having all of the supporting documents to prove the validity of the disability. That email absolutely broke my mom, her son was being bashed despite him being an incredible person who has done so well for himself. For my brother, he excels in other areas of his life such as athletics, even making it to play in the WHL. Due to this, his disability isn’t something you would notice right away but after experiencing life-threatening spinal meningitis as a baby he was left with an everlasting learning disability. The disability my brother faces daily should not be something discriminated against.  My ‘wow’ of this week is for Shelley. For recognizing the faults of the education system and committing to provide better support and inclusion for students. You truly never know what people are going through and it is essential that individuals do not face discrimination. I commend Shelley for addressing this and advocating for the kids who may otherwise be left behind. After watching the Shelly Moore: Transforming Inclusive Education video, I wonder if all teachers were exposed to the bowling analogy and were shown this new idea of teaching if fewer students would be discriminated against. I wonder what ways we can actively advocate for this idea of teaching. I think it should be a necessary training requirement for teachers so that, unlike my brother, no more kids face discrimination when they are just trying to learn and do their best.